Thursday, September 24, 2009

51 year young SHARON STONE in Paris Match......





















Tisha Fein?( below )











Wednesday September 23, 2009 @ 1:23pm

Normally, I don't do music. (As I often say, I have enough trouble dealing with the scoundrels in Hollywood that I can't possible take on the crooks in the recording biz as well.)
That said, I was leaked the following memo which may be of interest to many of you, especially after the recent death of Pierre Cossette.
(I've edited out some IDs):

From: Tisha Fein
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 10:57 AM
Subject: Re: (no subject)

Here is the letter that went out.
The responses have been amazing.
Basically saying no one can imagine the Grammys without me:

Dear _________

I am writing to all of you to let you know that Ken Ehrlich informed me that after 30 years in my position as Talent & Coordinating Producer of The Grammy Awards, he wants to make a change and has personal issues working with me.
He said it has nothing whatsoever to do with the “quality of my work”on the show.
It is totally his decision, but told me he's gone to Neil Portnow and Jack Sussman to enlist their support.

I have treasured working with all of you and have given my “heart and soul” to the artists appearing on the Grammys.
I fought hard to keep a level playing field and give as many artists a chance as I was allowed…

Ken also told me the other reason he wanted me gone, is that he feels I take the artists side over Production.
I do care deeply about how artists are treated, and also feel I also know what is best for the show, am collaborative with Production and try to strike a fair balance.
I always strive to make the Grammys a great and rewarding experience for everyone who participates: Artists, Labels, Managers, Agents, and Publicists, bands and crew.
All have an important role in the success of the show, and that should be acknowledged and often isn't.

I honestly feel I am the best for the job and have earned all of your love and respect over the many years I have done the Grammys,

I have treasured working with all of you and look forward to doing so on all my upcoming shows.

Love & Appreciation, Tisha Fein

CANADA SET TO BOYCOTT IRAN'S UN SPEECH:
Canada will boycott Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejads speech at the United Nations on Wednesday, saying his outbursts about the Holocaust and Israel are shameful.
Foreign Minister Lawrence Cannon will be at the world body to attend the opening of the UN General Assemblys annual debate, but officials signal he and other members of the Canadian delegation will vacate the Canadian seats when the Islamic republics president approaches the podium.
Walking out of the chamber is seen as a strong diplomatic show of disgust at the UN and since the chamber is generally packed on the first day of the annual summit, Canadas empty seats will not go unnoticed

LBN-THE "INSIDE" STORY:

An engaged Muslim couple who tried to have sex in a car have been sentenced to be caned (as above) by a Sharia court in Malaysia. Islamic religious police caught Mohamad Shahrin Abdul Majid and Nadiah Najat Hussin wearing only their underwear in a car at an office parking area last May.
They pleaded guilty to trying to have sex out of wedlock and have each been sentenced to 6 strokes of the cane.
They were also fined 1,000 each.
In Malaysia recent harsh punishments for breaking Sharia Law have made headlines.
Earlier this week, an Islamic court ordered a Muslim man to be whipped 6 times and jailed for a year for drinking alcohol at a restaurant.

LBN-LYRICS OF LIFE BY DAN FOGELBERG:
You wrestle with the reasons
But the reasons never rhyme
Or comfort when the Heart is in decline
And it doesnt really matter
If its chance or its design
Its going to take some time.

LBN-HISTORICAL COMMENTARY
By HELEN KELLER:

A happy life consists not in the absence,
but in the mastery of hardships. (1933).

LBN-RECOMMENDS By NIGEL BARKER (Photographer):

I really am loving this new Sony camera.
like a credit card and its the thinnest camera Ive ever seen.
I can take 12 megapixel shots, and can blow them up as big as a billboard.
This is ideal for fashion shows.
Its genius
Price$319.95

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-T900 Digital Camera with
12.1 Megapixel, 4x Optical Zoom, 3.5" LCD Display, Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens, Brown

No comments: