Thursday, June 4, 2009

Music's Best Kept Secret - Producer ROSLAN AZIZ, exclusive and very rare interview....


WILL AMY WINEHOUSE LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO MAKE ANOTHER ALBUM?

HER LAST-DITCH CARIBBEAN DETOX HAS GONE NIGHTMARISHLY WRONG:
Wednesday, about 9am, at the Cotton Bay Village resort in St Lucia and Amy Winehouse is at the bar drinking her second shot of tequila of the day.
'I think I'm doing very well,' she chirrups.
'I'd normally have had six shots by now.
Today I've only had two.'
LBN-COMMENTARY By THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN:
During a telephone interview Tuesday with President Obama about his speech to Arabs and Muslims in Cairo on Thursday, I got to tell the president my favorite Middle East joke.
It gave him a good laugh.
It goes like this:
There is this very pious Jew named Goldberg who always dreamed of winning the lottery.
Every Sabbath, hed go to synagogue and pray:
God, I have been such a pious Jew all my life.
What would be so bad if I won the lottery?
But the lottery would come and Goldberg wouldnt win.
Week after week, Goldberg would pray to win the lottery, but the lottery would come and Goldberg wouldnt win.
Finally, one Sabbath, Goldberg wails to the heavens and says:
God, I have been so pious for so long, what do I have to do to win the lottery?
And the heavens parted and the voice of God came down:
Goldberg, give me a chance!
Buy a ticket!
I told the president that joke because in reading the Arab and Israeli press this week, everyone seemed to be telling him what he needed to do and say in Cairo, but nobody was indicating how they were going to step up and do something different.
Everyone wants peace, but nobody wants to buy a ticket.


LBN-MUSIC INSIDER:

***Cher is filing a lawsuit against Universal Music, claiming that the label's "creative" accounting has shortchanged her and the heirs of her late ex-husband Sonny Bono some $5 million.
Universal is toying with "one of the most popular and iconic artists of all time," says Cher's lawyer.
***Edgar Bronfman, the billionaire heir to the Seagram fortune and CEO of Warner Music, is leaving his native New York for a home in Kensington, West London, with his wife, Clarissa, and four young children.
He plans to run Warner Music from both London and New York.

LBN-HOLLYWOOD INSIDER:
***Jack Nicholson is close to finalizing a deal that would reteam him with his "As Good As It Gets" director James L. Brooks for an untitled romantic comedy at Columbia.
The ensemble project has already cast Paul Rudd, Reese Witherspoon and Owen Wilson.
Nicholson would replace Bill Murray who had been in talks but whose interest in the project has since waned, reports Variety.
***Senior WMA agents Ramses IsHak and Mike Sheresky have joined the lit department of United Talent Agency.
The two were pink slipped following WMA's merger with Endeavor.
The agents, who both began in the WMA mailroom, were initially not invited to join WME but were told they would be beached for the duration of their contracts.
After a short standoff, they became free agents.
They had several offers from major agencies and committed to UTA Monday night.

***Hollywood publicist Michael Levine returns to speak at the Fine Arts Theatre in Beverly Hills on June 20th, just prior to the theatres permanent closing.


The event will be a "Part 2" to last years sold out speech at the theatre and will be done completely in Question and Answer format.
The event is free but R.S.V.P.'s are essential - E-mail HollywoodEvents2009@gmail.com.


LBN HISTORICAL COMMENTARY By NELSON MANDELA:








I was called a terrorist yesterday, but when I came out of jail, many people embraced me, including my enemies, and that is what I normally tell other people who say those who are struggling for liberation in their country are terrorists.
I tell them that I was also a terrorist yesterday, but, today, I am admired by the very people who said I was one.

LARRY KING LIVE - MAY 16, 2000

Music's Best Kept Secret

---Producer Roslan Aziz



Go to the link for his Exclusive and very very Rare Interview...

No comments: