Monday, May 26, 2008

Latest- from LBN e lert ( LEVINE BREAKING NEWS- by Michael Levine, one of Hollywoods most influential Publicists







CABLE PRICES KEEP RISING, AND CUSTOMERS KEEP PAYING:




Americans discouraged by higher gas prices and airline fares may decide to spend more vacation time at home, perhaps watching television.




But that, too, will cost them more than ever.




Cable prices have risen 77 percent since 1996, roughly double the rate of inflation, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reported this month.




Cable customers, who typically pay at least $60 a month, watch only a fraction of what they pay for -- on average, a mere 13 percent of the 118 channels available to them.




And the number of subscribers keeps growing.



LBN-COMMENTARY BY PEGGY NOONAN:


She was born in Russia, fled the pogroms with her family, was raised in Milwaukee, and worked the counter at her father's general store when she was 8.


In early adulthood she made aliyah to Palestine, where she worked on a kibbutz, picking almonds and chasing chickens.


She rose in politics, was the first woman in the first Israeli cabinet, soldiered on through war and rumors of war, became the first and so far only woman to be prime minister of Israel.


And she knew what it is to be a woman in the world. "At work, you think of the children you've left at home. At home you think of the work you've left unfinished....Your heart is rent."



This of course was Golda Meir.



WHO READS THE LBN E-LERT?


Over 100 winners of the Academy Award along with approximately 280,000 other "influencers."



LBN-POLITICAL BRIEFING BY ALEC BALDWIN:


Icahn let it be known that Barack Obama would be a "terrible" president.


Let's look at this, for just ten seconds, in an attempt to fully appreciate the inanity of his remarks.



LBN-BUSINESS INSIDER:


***Motorola's reversal of fortunes has been striking, with a global market share of the cellular phone market below 10 percent, a plunge from 22 percent in 2006.



LBN-A DIFFERENT VIEW......Amy Winehouse.....




DID YOU KNOW?

***Kite flying is a professional sport in Thailand.

***Lacrosse originated among Native American tribes of northeastern North America.

***Early hockey games allowed as many as 30 players a side on the ice.

***The Los Angeles Lakers used to be the Minneapolis Lakers.

***Basketball was invented by Canadian James Naismith in 1891.


LBN-QUOTE:

"I don't doubt for a moment that you are good, hard-working people who have done what you did to help your families.

Unfortunately for you, you committed a violation of federal law." --MARK W. BENNETT, a federal judge, to illegal immigrants sentenced to prison terms in Iowa.


LBN-HISTORY:

On May 24, 1883, the Brooklyn Bridge, linking Brooklyn and Manhattan, was opened to traffic.


LBN-FACESPACE:

***NAME: Bruce Edwin ***WHAT MAKES YOU UNIQUE?

I think when I am gone, it will be my poetry and movies.

***IF YOU COULD SLEEP WITH ONE CELEBRITY, WHO WOULD IT BE?

E.T. Just kidding, perhaps Madonna as long as we're just sleeping. There is my girlfriend and Guy after all.

***IF YOU COULD HAVE DINNER WITH ONE DEAD PERSON, WHO?

My guess is that would be kind of stinky, but if they were a good, clean zombie, then I suppose it would be Marilyn Monroe.

***IF YOU COULD LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD FOR A YEAR, WHERE AND WHY?

Right here in Los Angeles, California where I am.

Because I think L.A. is the best, most exciting place on Earth with the most opportunity for greatness, and with more creative, exciting, and beautiful people here than anywhere else on the planet.

***OCCUPATION: Producer, Publisher, Talent Manager

***WHAT'S THE BEST THING ABOUT YOUR JOB?

The incredibly beautiful and amazing people that I get to meet.

My life often times amazes me and I consider myself very blessed.

***WHO WOULD YOU WANT TO BE IN ANOTHER LIFE?

Jesus.

No, seriously, no one.

I like my mind.

But if I had to be someone else, then maybe Andy Warhol, minus his sex life and minus the shooting.

Warhol always partied with the coolest people ever and made celebrity itself an art form.

I like that.

***DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO'S HAD SEX FOR MONEY?

I knew a woman at my former school, Columbia College of Chicago who was also a film student.

Because she had seen me in the halls, she sat by me one day on the subway.

Every man near and far as we walked together was practically falling all over her as we passed by as she was so hot.

When I asked her what she did for work, she proudly said, "I'm a prostitute!"

After the shock wore off, I asked her why, and she told me she loved money and she loved sex.

She offered to take me out to dinner one time, but then she disappeared.

I hope she's O.K. She was a great filmmaker, but I don't believe in paying for that.

***E-MAIL AND WEBSITE: starpowermanagementllc@gmail.com

http://webpages.charter.net/starrynight999/index.html

No comments: